November 3, 2022
Dear Agape family everywhere,
Grace and peace to you in the name of Jesus. I am excited to welcome you to November 2022, OUR MONTH OF PERFORMANCE. God is saying this month; there shall be a performance of every word spoken to you by the Lord. Many of us have had prophetic words, promises, and declarations spoken over our lives that are still hanging on us and going unfulfilled. God is saying this season; I am a God of performance.
As He told Jeremiah in chapter 1:12, “Then the LORD said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.” He is not in the business of just speaking and not doing. God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it? (Numbers 23:19).
However, there are many reasons why the Words spoken by the Lord may remain dormant and unfulfilled in our lives. Let’s take a look at a few of those reasons:
- The appointed time has yet to come: Sometimes, the Word spoken to us or into our lives is for an appointed time. As God told Habakkuk in Habakkuk 2:3, “For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end, it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.”
When we have a word from the Lord, it is essential to be able to discern the appointed time for the Word. In 1 Chronicles 14:2, “…David perceived that the LORD had confirmed him king over Israel, for his kingdom was lifted up on high, because of his people Israel.”
David was given the Word about becoming king many years before this time, but at this time, he perceived it was time for fulfillment. I pray for the spirit of discernment for you to discern your appointed time in Jesus’ name.
- The Work of the enemy: The goal of Satan, the enemy of our soul, is to stop the Word of God from becoming effective in our lives. Sometimes he comes to steal the Word from our hearts. People sometimes forget the Word spoken to them. This usually happens when we don’t understand the Word properly.
Sometimes the enemy fights against the Word by bringing adverse circumstances so that we can give up on the Word. Jesus said in the parable of the sower that some seed (which is the Word) fell by the wayside, and the birds came and devoured them.
This is what happened to Joseph; the enemy fought tooth and nail to frustrate the Word of the Lord, but thank God Joseph prevailed.
- Our readiness: Sometimes, the Word of God is not fulfilled because we are not ready for it. The Word is waiting for us on its fulfillment. Many words spoken go unfulfilled because they require adequate preparation from us.
We need to constantly ask the Lord to work in us and prepare us so we can be ready on the day of His visitation.
- Lack of Faith: God does not do anything that would not require faith from us. Hebrews 4 tells us the Word did not profit them because it was not mixed with faith in the heart of the people it was spoken to.
The angel told Mary in Luke 1:45, “And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. Faith in the Word is key to its performance in our lives.
While there are many other reasons that time will not permit us to mention why the Word may go unfilled in our lives, one this is sure; our God is a performer of His Word. Regardless of where you are, He is willing to bring every Word spoken into your life into realization.
God does not speak to speak; He speaks to perform. This season, He is especially focussing on this truth to us. So, I want to challenge you to recall every Word you have received from the Lord and begin working on them.
Some of you may have to dig into your notes, video, and audio and examine them in a new light. Ask God to give you a new understanding, teach you to prepare, and strategies to work them out.
I want to leave you with the Word from Apostle Paul to Timothy, his mentee. “This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare” 1 Timothy 1:18 (NKJV).
The enemy knows what the fulfillment of God’s Word will mean to you, your family, and the kingdom. Hence he will do anything to stop it, including causing you to forget and attacking your faith and your life. You must not give in; you must fight “the good warfare” because of the Word.
You must keep believing the Word, knowing that “blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.” Luke 1:45.
Blessings to you!
Pastor Jide Lawore
Apostolic Leader, Agape House of Worship
Prayer Points for the Month of November
- Thank God because we serve a God who is alive and still speaks to us today. 1 Corinthians 12:2
- Thank God for every Word and prophecy He has ever spoken into your life. They prove He loves you and has a great plan and purpose for your life. Jeremiah 29:11
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will bring every God’s Word ever spoken to you that you have forgotten back to your remembrance.
- Ask God to prepare you for the fulfillment of His Word. Give Him the permission to work in you and do whatever He needs to do in you so that you are a prepared vessel for the fulfillment of His Word.
- Pray against every enemy’s plan to steal, kill and destroy the Word spoken to you by the Lord.
- Declare that there shall be a performance of every Word spoken to you by the Lord. Luke 1:45