February 1, 2022
Welcome to February. It is the month we celebrate our 16th anniversary, and I am excited about what this month represents for our church and many of you. Our word for this month is from Luke 1:45, “And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.” (KJV). This verse is part of a more extended passage with the prophetic word spoken by Elizabeth through the Holy Spirit. Elizabeth was Mary’s cousin who was miraculously pregnant with John the Baptist. It is a powerful word that gives us an insight into God’s operation when it comes to His Words and promises. There are three keys I want to share from this passage.
1. Believe: Because Mary believes there shall be a performance. Faith is an essential ingredient in the performance of God’s prophecies. – Hebrews 4:2 “For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.” As you grow into this month, pray for an injection of faith. Ask God to remove every unbelieve that robs you of seeing the performance of His word.
2. Worship – Right after these words, Mary busted into worship. From Luke 1:46 through 55, “And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48 for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name…………” To bring performance, you must live a life of worship. Abraham “did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God.” In fact, one of the ways we demonstrate our faith is through worship. (Romans 4:20)
3. Prayer: Prayer is essential to experiencing the performance of God’s word in our lives. The enemy will fight against God’s prophetic words spoken to you. He will try to steal or destroy it. That is why a life of prayer is essential. Apostle Paul told his son in the faith, Timothy in 1 Timothy 1:18, “Timothy, my son, I am giving you this command in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by recalling them you may fight the battle well,”.
This February is, in part, a step of faith towards the performance of His Word. We are taking a step of faith in activating His word. I also believe many of us have a lot of prophetic words hanging over our heads. In the same way, God has spoken to us in diverse manners about our next level as a church. I am trusting God that you will see a performance of His word this month in your life.
Hence as we step into this month, let us pray for the following:
- Ask God for a faith that activates performance. Luke 1:45
- Pray against the spirit of unbelief that seeks to rob you of the performance of God’s Word in your life. Ask God to help you in every area of unbelief. Mark 9:24
- Pray for the Spirit of Worship and that your faith will be expressed through your worship. Romans 4:20
- Pray for the spirit of grace and prayer. Zechariah 12:10
Pastor Jide Lawore